What information I collect?
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
2. information relating to any transactions carried out between you and MuscleSense on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of my services
3. information that you provide to me for the purpose of registering with me.
4. information that you provide to me for the purpose of subscribing to MuscleSense’s website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
5. any other information that you choose to send to me.
I may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard- drive. I may use the information I obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. I may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit my website, and to personalise my website for you. My advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal data
I may use your personal information to:
1. administer the website
2. improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
3. enable your use of the services available on the website
4. send to you a confirmation per email of services purchased via the website
5. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
6. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communication
7. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
8. send to you my newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to my business) which I think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing me to email@example.com
9. provide third parties with statistical information about my users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
10. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to this website I will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
1. to the extent that I am required to do so by law
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
3. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which I am (or am contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data
I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let me know if the personal information which I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.